at home . dotswold wallpaper

26 Mar

a couple of years ago, as i was finishing up lila’s toddler bedroom, i came across this dotswold wallpaper and immediately knew it needed be in her room one day. last year, i ordered a swatch and fell even more in love. earlier this year, i finally went to order some, and anthro has discontinued selling it :( i’ve been in touch with customer service and they are unable to share the designer so i’m reaching out into blogland to see if anyone out there can help!

even if i can only get my hands on a small piece, i’d be happy. happier yet if i can find a couple of rolls…

i know it’s a long shot, but if you have used this paper (or know someone who has) and would be willing to sell any unused portion i would be all sorts of happy. or if you can check your roll and see if there is a designer other than anthropologie listed anywhere on the product, perhaps i can find it for sale somewhere else! (edit: i’ve found the designer! now to find out if it is being printed by anyone else. still definitely on the lookout if anyone has any they’d be willing to part with.)

fingers crossed!!

22 Responses to “at home . dotswold wallpaper”

1. jade March 26 2012 at 2:59 pm #

I don’t know but the girl from this blog may know. She has it in her house.

• andrea March 26 2012 at 3:08 pm #

thank you! emailing her now :)

2. Carolyn March 26 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Well, I did try a search myself but no luck. If you do happen to find some and need me to smuggle it back from the US, let me know! XO

• andrea March 26 2012 at 4:59 pm #

i shall keep you posted, my most favourite smuggler ;)

• carolyn March 26 2012 at 9:57 pm #

3. Anne March 26 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Maybe, pin it on pinterest and ask if anyone has any you can buy?

• andrea March 26 2012 at 4:59 pm #

another great idea — thanks!

4. Katie Deedy March 26 2012 at 7:54 pm #

Hey Andrea!

I recognized the paper the moment I saw it because my wallpaper is also sold through Anthro. Sadly, I don’t remember the designer, either! I’m usually pretty good at this stuff and keep patterns in my archives, so if I can find it I’ll share.

If you’re unable to find the pattern, let me know. I don’t have any wallpaper that’s exactly the same, but if anything catches your eye at Grow House Grow I’ll give you a little discount. Sucks not having exactly what you want!

• andrea March 26 2012 at 8:36 pm #

hey katie! thank you so much, i really appreciate any help! and double the thanks for your generous offer. you have some beautiful papers and if i can’t get my hands on the dotswold one, i will take a closer look and see if anything works :) xo.

5. Katie Deedy March 26 2012 at 7:57 pm #

PS: The roll’s width indicates that it’s printed in Europe, even though it says USA (27 inches is US standard, 20 inches is Euro/UK). I’ll keep ya posted:)

6. Erin March 26 2012 at 9:33 pm #

It might be a Minttu design, at least according to this blog: http://mylittleapartment.blogspot.ca/2010/03/ha-wallpaper-memories.html

• andrea March 26 2012 at 9:39 pm #

yep! it’s from pattern bakery — just waiting to hear back from them and see if anyone else is selling the paper :) thanks erin!

• Christine March 27 2012 at 7:38 pm #

yay!! the internet is an awesome thing! So glad to hear the detective work is paying off, fingers crossed.

7. cait March 30 2012 at 11:12 pm #

hey andrea. just clicked through to the anthro website and it looks like this wallpaper is available again…on sale! :):):)

• cait March 31 2012 at 7:51 am #

argh, looks like it’s sold out again this morning. darn!

• andrea March 31 2012 at 11:12 am #

it did sell — to me!! thanks so much for letting me know cait (and thanks to cole for having me up at 3am, haha)! I still need another roll but it’s a start :) yay!!

8. cait March 31 2012 at 2:02 pm #

haha yay!:)

9. Kim September 14 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Hi I bought 3 rolls awhile back for my dining room but I probably only need 2. Did you still need that extra roll? Email me if you do.

• andrea September 28 2012 at 7:23 pm #

thanks so much kim! i actually did get my hands on what i needed but i really appreciate your taking the time to comment!! xo.

• Kim March 20 2014 at 8:07 pm #

Andrea, I know that this is almost 2 years later but do you know how I can get that paper because the website says discontinue and really want it for my daughters room, wondering if you can possibly help?

• andrea March 21 2014 at 1:18 pm #

hi kim. i ended up getting my hands on some by calling anthropologie customer service, but as far as i know, it is not sold anywhere else. good luck!

1. iphoneography . dotswold | adventures in pinksugarland - May 24 2012

[...] (the phone customer service… not so much the email customer service) for helping get this wallpaper safely into my hands. i can’t wait to see it up in lila’s room [...]