smitten with . neon

9 Mar

as a child of the eighties — my trademark look as a five year old was those black bicycle shorts with a neon green stripe down one leg and neon pink down the other (with coordinating mismatched socks no less) — this recent resurgence of neon is both a little bit awesome and a little bit frightening. as long as the shorts don’t come back into style though, i think we’re good. ;)

here are a few fun things i’ve found around the web lately.

1. blanket (via styled mag issue 5): so perfect for a spring picnic.
2. nightlight: lila would love this to keep bad dreams away.
3. printable wrapping paper: this makes me heart happy. and it’s free!
4. deer tote: just yes.
5. cushion: cozy and bright.
6. good times print: this makes me laugh. laughing is good.
7. books: add a little bit of fun to your to do lists.
8. nylon twine (via you are my fave): this is perfect with my packaging… yay!
9. animals: i think i need one of these in my life.

10 Responses to “smitten with . neon”

1. Nina March 9 2012 at 12:34 pm #

Please tell me that your five year old self also had on some snap bracelets or maybe a scrunchie? As a child of the 80′s I would have rock those too! This post made me smile :)

• andrea March 9 2012 at 12:47 pm #

to avoid further embarrassment, haha, i wasn’t going to go into too much detail… but yes, you got me ;) it was usually the neon shorts, then one foot would have a pink sock under a green sock and then rolled down so the opposite colour was showing… and vice versa on the other foot. coordinating hair accessories were a must. and i’m fairly certain there were snap bracelets involved too. haha, talk about full disclosure.

• Nina March 9 2012 at 4:00 pm #

haha! Awesome :)

2. Amanda March 9 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Hahahaha I HAD THOSE SHORTS!

3. Michelle March 9 2012 at 5:42 pm #

Old Navy has some cute neon coloured tights (orange & pink/white stripes). I thought they were cute for my 2 year old!

4. Christine March 9 2012 at 6:04 pm #

hehe, that ‘good times’ print makes me giggle. I totally rocked the mismatched neon socks! And remember those neon shirt clips to cinch your shirt to the side? awesome.

• andrea March 9 2012 at 7:41 pm #

haha, oh man i had forgotten those. so awesome.

5. Shabana March 10 2012 at 9:51 am #

omg I love the animals!!! they would make a kick-ass addition to my collection of these: http://www.bynature.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=animalz

6. Cheryl T March 13 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Good thing you fessed up to the coordinating hair accessories, otherwise I was going to have to let the cat out od the bag : ) I’m thinking I could probably find pics to prove it too, so you better be nice to me : )

1. get dressed . neon for girls | adventures in pinksugarland - March 12 2012

[...] for kids has come a long way since the aforementioned striped shorts… 1. jeans . 2. windbreaker . 3. dress . 4. satchel . 5. boardshorts . 6. tee [...]