in pictures . comfort

18 Jul

poor little guy is having a pretty rough go of it this week. aside from being constantly snuggled and/or going outside (which, as evidenced by last night’s post, temporarily cheers him right up), the swing and anything soft and snuggly seem to be the only other things that are bringing him any comfort :( i’ll take any tips on teething relief you can share — help!

17 Responses to “in pictures . comfort”

1. Nancy G July 18 2012 at 11:31 pm #

Hi Andrea. I don’t have kids but I know some moms out there are using an amber necklace for their teething babies and it seems to work for them. Do u know photographer Jessica Cudzilo? Her baby is sporting an amber necklace right now that appears to be working. Best of luck. Poor little guy.

2. Nancy G July 18 2012 at 11:40 pm #

Not certain where Jessica bought it but here is a general link for info on the product.

3. Nancy G July 19 2012 at 12:37 am #

Or u might be more familiar with this site.

4. Danielle Trovato July 19 2012 at 2:10 am #

Panadol, Bonjela, Brauer Teething Drops (I swear by these).
    Try putting his dummy/pacifier in the fridge so it’s nice & cool on his gums.
    Not much else you can do :( :(

5. michelle July 19 2012 at 2:18 am #

cold apple slices in the mesh feeders.

6. Nina July 19 2012 at 4:19 am #

People say amber teething necklaces work wonders, the mesh feeder is great too and I used hylands teething tabs for my little one when he was really uncomfortable. Hope those teeth break through soon!

7. Morgan July 19 2012 at 5:04 am #

inspired by finn amber teething necklaces are the best! i’ve also heard the vibrating teethers are supposed to work wonders.

8. Laura DeMars July 19 2012 at 5:28 am #

My daughter popped her first tooth at barely 4 months old-and it was hell for her from then on! The one and ONLY thing that really worked was tylenol and ibuprofen. We tried all the natural methods too, but really-when they are in that much pain-the only thing that does the trick is pain reliever….

9. Misty Smith July 19 2012 at 7:04 am #

Amber necklaces and teething tablets have worked wonders for us! The teething tablets dissolve super fast which is great for little ones that hate medicine. Teething is no fun :(

10. Shabana July 19 2012 at 7:40 am #

the necklace did nothing for us Andrea. Good old advil! worked better than Tyelenol on my Maya. Good luck. we’re working on 6 new teeth right now and we’re all pretty exhasuted

11. Jessica July 19 2012 at 8:28 am #

We used Camilia teething drops by Boiron for Luke and it worked wonders along with an amber teething necklace. The Boiron drops for colds are also amazing! We rarely use Advil/Tylenol around her anymore. Can be found at Planet Organic, Superstore in the natural isle and Save on foods. Good luck! http://boiron.ca/en/products/children/camilia/

12. Christine July 19 2012 at 8:34 am #

Aww poor little man. We hear ya over here…

Try Camilia, it’s all natural and helps with pain, restlessness etc.

Alice also seems to like the frozen mango in the mesh feeding thingy. Hope you all are doing better soon!

13. Coryann July 19 2012 at 10:42 am #

Firstly, I love Cole’s stuffed rabbit! Where did you get it?

Secondly, I have the amber teething necklace for my daughter and it does work! I was very skeptical but, it has proven itself to be of great help : ]

• andrea July 21 2012 at 8:26 am #

it was a gift when he was born, but it’s a jellycat so should be available all over the place!

14. Michelle July 19 2012 at 11:23 am #

We are boring ole’ Tylenol and Orajel over here. Seems to work for Dash. Otherwise, I hear great things about amber teething necklaces or those mesh feeders.

Poor little man. Hope they pop through real soon!

15. Julie July 19 2012 at 5:06 pm #

Hey,
    I soooo feel your pain.

What works awesome is hurricane relief gel. You have to get it at the pharmacy but there is no prescription. It is for anyone and I just use a little and it works miracles!

We also LOVE our Amber Teething Necklace. Works great!

16. andrea July 20 2012 at 10:11 am #

thanks so much for all of the tips! fingers crossed something works and the little guy is back to his smiley self next very soon!