in pictures . sleep

26 Sep

fingers crossed we’ll all be getting a lot more of it in the coming days…

hooray for sleep consultants!

12 Responses to “in pictures . sleep”

1. Nina September 27 2012 at 5:03 am #

Keeping my fingers crossed!

• andrea September 27 2012 at 10:04 am #

thanks nina. we’ll take all the extra help we can get :)

2. Jessica September 27 2012 at 7:16 am #

If the sleep fairy finds her way to your house could you please send her my way:) we’re on a sleep strike over here just now.

• andrea September 27 2012 at 10:04 am #

if we have success, i’ll send your our personal sleep fairy’s name! i think i can count on one hand how many nights lila has slept through the night in her almost four years… here’s hoping things change!

3. Lauren September 27 2012 at 9:02 am #

i’ll be sending y’all lots of good sleep vibes!! i have a few to spare for the moment :)

• andrea September 27 2012 at 10:05 am #

haha, not for long ;)

but i’ll take them now while you have some extras!

4. Coryann September 27 2012 at 2:20 pm #

I need your helpful resources over here lol ; )

5. Lori September 27 2012 at 2:33 pm #

I usually steer clear of offering advice but sleep issues are so awful, I thought our story may help.We went through first 5yrs of no sleep with my oldest. We had gone to the sleep clinic @ UofA hosp without any concrete answers and a friend suggested an ear, nose, throat specialist. So, within a week of having his tonsils & adnoids removed he was sleeping through the night. Night terrors, everything resolved within a week of surgery!(All his athsma issues disappeared too) Once he was set I used the book “healthy sleep habits happy child” to get his younger brother in routine. He’s 12 now, and hasn’t had any issues since. Hope this helps:)

6. Shabana September 27 2012 at 4:06 pm #

oh wow andrea! so hoping both your babies learn good sleeping habits SOON. we sleep trained Maya at 4 months (having to re-train her a few times) and she has been sleeping for 12 straight hours ever since. unless she’s sick, the girl is a champion sleeper. we used the book “healthy sleep habits, happy baby” and it worked really well for us.
    are you sleep training Cole as well? So much easier when they’re this young.

7. Amy S September 27 2012 at 6:14 pm #

i have to say: the great mom that you obviously are and the energy that you put into your work and projects while not having had a decent night’s sleep in four years puts many other moms who get a full night’s sleep every night to shame. :)

so glad for you that you’ve found somebody to help. getting my little ones to sleep through the night has been one of my biggest parenting challenges so far as well. it can be so discouraging and heartbreaking. hoping you all get some rest soon!

8. julia September 27 2012 at 6:36 pm #

I can relate..Our kids were slow to sleep through the night, and any change (vacation, colds, ect) still sets them off schedule. I hope you get some rest soon!

9. Agnes October 4 2012 at 10:23 am #

Love your blog, your pictures are amazing! Sleep, ahhh, that sounds nice. If all works out for you and your sleep “fairy”, mind sharing? :)