in pictures . four

29 Nov

you, my lilabean, are four now.

four years old and so imaginative and interested in the world and excited about life.

you are quick to make friends and (when you’re in the mood) happy to chat with every person you see…… whether they are interested in conversation or not ;) just as feisty as ever, you don’t hesitate to let people know what you think, good or bad; you wear your heart on your sleeve. you are one of the most ticklish little girls i’ve ever come across and your laugh is one of my favourite sounds in that world — especially that crazy laugh reserved for things that are extra silly :) you love reading anything and everything you can get your hands on these days — books, signs, posters, instructions — and we are beyond proud of you. i’ll admit that the why‘s do get a wee bit tedious on occasion, but we try our best to provide you with all of the knowledge you’re looking for, my girl, and if you have a question we don’t know the answer to, you’re always ready to “google it!”.

in the last few months, you’ve finally begun sleeping through the night most nights, and on the rare occasion when you do attempt to sneak into our bed, i secretly don’t really mind ;) you’re a champion snuggler. you love food and your sweet tooth is unrivaled in this house (which is saying a lot when you have me for a momma……). you love parties and shopping and making crafts, and i love that as you get older you’re taking a more active role in all of these things. your baby brother looks up to you like crazy and you love to dress him up in “handsome” bow ties and help him walk around the house by holding his hands. you’ve grown into an amazing big sister over the past year — we all have off days ;) — and i so look forward to watching the two of you grow up together.

it’s hard to believe that this is your last year at home all day with me before heading off to kindergarten in the fall. i’m going to hold on to every moment we have left, but i promise to send you off as best prepared to grow and learn as i can.

thank you for still letting me call you my baby girl. i love you so.

(on a more humourous note — we brought a little helium tank to fill up the balloons for lila’s birthday session once we got to our location, and half way through the fourth balloon, the thing completely ran out. i had to blow the balloon up the rest of the way and, of course, it was too heavy to float :P any images were you see all four balloons floating, that light pink one up on top is precariously balanced on top of the other three. there were a lot of laughs attempting to get that thing to stay up there. the best laid plans……)

42 Responses to “in pictures . four”

1. Corina Sorensen November 29 2012 at 8:35 pm #

Such fun pictures! Love the big balloons!

2. Carolyn November 29 2012 at 8:37 pm #

Andrea – your words and your images are beautiful. How lucky Lila is to have a mother who is so creative and so inspiring. She is going to love love love looking back on this when she’s older!

3. Christine November 29 2012 at 8:40 pm #

ohmygosh, tears. That was so, so sweet andrea. Lila truly is one of the sweetest, funniest, little girls I know and she takes after her mama in so many ways! I’m so happy to call you both my pals.

happy birthday, Lila!

p.s. It’s so funny looking at that little pink balloon dragging along. Who knew those stupid helium tanks couldn’t even do 4 big balloons! Looks awesome either way.

4. mara November 29 2012 at 9:27 pm #

your work is stunning. and i sure wish lila would teach our audrey some fashion sense :-)

5. kelsy November 29 2012 at 9:32 pm #

got a little teared up here too. Beautiful words and images Andrea!

6. sharon November 30 2012 at 2:18 am #

same as kelsy, got kinda choked up reading this. my heart is squeezing with joy. so happy for your little fam there andrea!

7. Analicia November 30 2012 at 4:28 am #

Love Lila’s shoes! Where are they from?

8. Nani November 30 2012 at 5:50 am #

This is the sweetest post and I seriously love every single picture you take and this photoshoot is no exception, it’s beautiful!

I love all the small and large details that crown and those shoes gah! Love them. You have such a smart beautiful little girl and your an awesome photographer (but it’s no guess where she got her looks from you have a beautiful family)

9. Nina November 30 2012 at 5:54 am #

Beautiful words and photos. <3

10. Ardelle November 30 2012 at 8:14 am #

Oh these images are amazing! Love the location, the balloons, Lila’s outfit! Your words are beautiful. Kids grow up way to fast, it is so wonderful to see you enjoy each day with them always :) Happy Birthday to you beautiful little girl!

11. Shabana November 30 2012 at 10:21 am #

happiest birthday to your girl. she will grow up with such a sense of wonder and creativity about life and the world she lives in, thanks to her parents. the best thing about being a parent is we’ll forever have hearts bursting with joy and pride.

12. hili November 30 2012 at 10:30 am #

lila is an amazing little girl. i didn’t know she was with you at home all day, i thought she was going to kindergarden some days. it looks like its really good for her, she looks like such a happy girl. when do you do all the work that you do with both kids home with you ?

• Andrea November 30 2012 at 11:40 am #

you’re right! she does go to preschool two hours, three days a week. but other than that, she’s here with cole and i. i feel like kindergarten will be such a big step up from there and I’m going to miss her little face!! as for the second question…… I just don’t sleep a whole lot :) haha!!

• Shabana November 30 2012 at 8:36 pm #

really andrea?! I always assumed you had a super nanny that you kept hidden away lol. you are either a master of zen or the most organized right brained mini-freak haha amazing, just amazing!

• hili December 1 2012 at 12:22 am #

i wish i could send my son to such a partial preschool program. over here in israel, most kids go to kindergarden full time at age 2 . you probably don’t realise, but you are an amazing ispiration. i find myself thinking on so many occasions , if andrea can do that i can too. so thanks for sharing your life . i’m not sure though that i can adopt less sleeping :)

13. Coryann November 30 2012 at 11:10 am #

Happy Birthday Lila! May your adventure spirit bring you to the stars : )

14. Amara November 30 2012 at 11:34 am #

You make every occasion so spectacular .. amazing work as always :)

15. jen wright November 30 2012 at 12:55 pm #

These are gorgeous!! SHE is gorgeous! Seems like such a fun little girl.

Sidenote: SO completely jealous of her hair!!! AMAZING!!!!

16. cindy d November 30 2012 at 1:25 pm #

beautiful words, beautiful photos and a beautiful girl. so sweet and lovely. :)

17. Brandy November 30 2012 at 1:28 pm #

Gorgeous photos, as always! Happiest of Birthdays Lila!

18. michelle November 30 2012 at 3:55 pm #

so happy we have been able to get to know this sweet little girl over the last 4 years. lovely photos and words. happiest of birthdays little miss lilabean! <3 <3

19. Erin November 30 2012 at 4:42 pm #

I. Am. Bawling! So beautiful, so precious. What a lucky little girl :)

20. Sonja Hammad November 30 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Gorgeous images, as usual. Happy Birthday to your little girl! Her photos have always been such an inspiration to me.

21. Sierra November 30 2012 at 5:33 pm #

Oh how I adore this session!…and your sweet Li’s hair!!!

22. Amber November 30 2012 at 7:40 pm #

lila is such a gorgeous girl! She has very similar personality traits to Eva – friendly but feisty! :)

23. Lexi November 30 2012 at 9:11 pm #

Beautiful pictures! Happy Birthday to Lila! It’s terrible having to let them go! I hung on to my five year old’s last days. I do miss him, but he loves going to school so much, so that makes it easy for me. I also loved the note about the balloons! Thanks! I have 3 giant Mylar letters and was thinking about the tank. It freaks me out to drive around with them, though! I’m not sure they will even fit in my SUV!

24. Sara November 30 2012 at 10:54 pm #

really precious post: stunning photos. touching words.

25. morgan December 2 2012 at 4:03 pm #

Such a beautiful post. You can see her sweet personality in all the pictures you take – and these ones are especially awesome….love the paper bag princess-esque crown.

Also, nice to know we aren’t the only ones with a kid that seems like they will never sleep through the night. I secretly love the cuddles too :)

26. Christin Kreml December 3 2012 at 11:28 pm #

LOVE this! My (not so little anymore) girl Parker will turn 4 next month and I would love to do something like this. Where did you get the balloons?

• andrea December 7 2012 at 1:15 am #

thanks!! balloondealer.com

27. elizabeth pellette December 8 2012 at 9:42 am #

how is she 4 already? my goodness.. love all these images.. and that crown is too cute.. I know its late but I hope she has a wonderful year 4

28. Dressing Ivana December 9 2012 at 2:05 am #

Happy 4!! Amazing photos

29. Pam Fritz December 13 2012 at 8:25 am #

Where is the adorable gold crown from?

• andrea December 14 2012 at 2:11 pm #

hi pam. the crown is part of lila’s halloween costume from a couple of years ago — i made it with cardboard, pipecleaner and paper mache :)

30. J Danielle December 14 2012 at 8:18 pm #

You take the best pics of her. I would love to know where you shop for her clothes! Can you post some links somewhere, sometime? I’m having a baby and I want to have cool clothes like that. :)

• andrea December 19 2012 at 10:30 am #

i keep planning on doing more fashion posts and then work and life get in the way! i’m going to try to work on it in the new year :) thanks!

31. Brnistra January 9 2013 at 4:23 am #

Wonderful pictures! Greetings from Slovenia!

32. Tessa Hall February 7 2013 at 12:33 pm #

These pictures make me really wish I had a girl. I have all boys not one girl in sight. The photography is gorgeous and the props are awesome!!!. I love the big balloons. The crown where did you find that i absolutely love that probably the most of all.

• andrea February 7 2013 at 12:48 pm #

thank you tessa!! i do feel pretty lucky to have one of each :) i made the crown with pipecleaner, a cardboard tube and paper mache!

33. Elise February 27 2013 at 10:46 am #

Stunning! Found your blog via Pinterest. Would you mind sharing details about that location? I want to find something similar in my area and am not sure where to start. Thanks!

34. Geoff Powell April 13 2013 at 3:22 am #

what a great set of images and what great mother, a time in your life which you will never forget.

Images and text are made for each other

Geoff

1. Birthday Traditions | Hampton Roads Child Photographer » Amber Zeigler Photography - March 31 2014

[...] people have traditions for their kids’ birthday sessions every year.  For instance, Pink sugar Photography likes to use balloons to indicate the age of her daughter in pictures.  I know myself.  And I [...]