in pictures . ponytail iii

10 Feb

same day last year and two years ago.

her first haircut is coming up later this month.

20 Responses to “in pictures . ponytail iii”

1. Tarnya February 10 2013 at 9:08 pm #

Wow, that’s long! Does it take much looking after? And first haircut at 4 + years old? That seems incredible to me as the mother of a little boy with thick hair. He is younger than Lila and has had his hair cut at least 20, maybe 30 times….

• andrea February 10 2013 at 9:28 pm #

haha, yeah i’m not really sure how we made it this long without even a trim. she hasn’t wanted to cut it and isn’t too bad about brushing so there was no reason to force the issue. now that’s past her waist, it is definitely time though. she gets to choose whatever hairstyle she wants so we’ll see what we come out of the salon with. as long as i get to save a wee bit of that blond baby hair, i’ll survive ;)

2. Rosie February 10 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Wow her hair is so long!! I love it!

ps thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog the other day!

• andrea February 10 2013 at 9:26 pm #

i had a lot of fun catching up with your family :) xo.

• Rosie February 19 2013 at 4:24 pm #

awww thanks!

3. Erin February 10 2013 at 9:16 pm #

what kind of vitamins do you give this kid?!

• andrea February 10 2013 at 9:25 pm #

haha right?!? i wish my hair grew that fast!

4. Cory February 10 2013 at 9:18 pm #

Woah! Lila has some long locks : )

• andrea February 10 2013 at 9:29 pm #

that she does!

5. Cindy d February 10 2013 at 11:19 pm #

I can’t believe how fast her hair grows. My daughter is 4 and I swear she has the slowest hair growth. I wish her hair was this long ;) one day. I don’t get my kids hair cut either.

6. Shabana February 11 2013 at 7:41 am #

oh this is just a dream. i’m lucky if i get to comb my daughters hair once a week. i can’t wait to see her new hair cut!

7. sara February 11 2013 at 8:54 am #

i can’t wait to see her haircut! and kudos for thinking to document it at 3 nice intervals! :)

8. Christine February 11 2013 at 12:04 pm #

aww, I love this!! I can’t wait to see the new do!

9. Emily S February 11 2013 at 12:46 pm #

LOVE that you’ve done this! My Lily loves going to the salon for “trims.” Actually, sometimes I can’t keep her away from wanting to go :/ Can’t wait to see the new do’!

10. Stacy February 11 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Bravo to you for never cutting it until now. I think that’s what more of us moms should do. I did that with my girls my son was a different story only bc he use to get his fingers caught in his fro as a baby and this momma felt bad for him and he use knot it up a lot. I can’t wait to see what she picks! xoxo

11. Lindz February 11 2013 at 4:04 pm #

Ohhhh EXCITED to see what the fashionista chooses for her next rocking hair style.

12. Surabhi Muncie February 11 2013 at 7:28 pm #

Genius! I have to do this with my daughter. She has fine wispy hair as well but is in love with the idea of growing it.

Going off to take a photo of her hair now!

13. Amber February 12 2013 at 3:17 pm #

wow! Eva hasn’t had her first haircut either — although I think it will be coming up soon. Maybe after her third birthday :)

14. Amber February 13 2013 at 6:10 am #

I so love her long hair! It’s so beautiful :) I hope she doesn’t pick something that will cut it really short, although I’m sure she’ll look so beautiful either way!

1. in pictures . ponytail iv | adventures in pinksugarland - February 12 2015

[...] last year, but here it is in 2011, 2012 and 2013. i think the most shocking part this time is the change in [...]