book club . one [finally]

18 Jul

for as long as i’ve been blogging, i’ve been getting requests to share some of the books on our shelves here in pinksugarland. i’ve always held back because the thought of reviewing a bunch of books is super daunting, and at the rate at which i write things (yes, there’s good reason that i typically only post photos), i would maybe get two posts done a year ;) so, i’ve decided i’ll just keep it simple and post a photo of five or so of the books that we are reading each week, and leave it at that! if any look interesting, you can click on the link and see if they are stories you might want to pick up or grab from your local library.

no rules — there may be picture books or chapter books or pop-up books (or all or none of the above), some weeks they might follow a theme, there may be an adult read tossed in once a while — other than i’ll attempt to share a handful every friday-ish. if you have requests for specific posts (books for toddler boys, funny books, non-fiction, etc), please let me know and i’ll try my best to make that happen; and even better, if you have recommendations for us, share those too!!

i’m so excited about this (and i hope you are too!). here we go :)

francis the little fox by veronique boisjoly
the tale of desperaux by kate dicamillo
alphablock by christopher franceschelli
you’re all my favorites by sam mcbratney
mo’s mustache by ben clanton

happy reading!

19 Responses to “book club . one [finally]”

1. Marsha Thomason-Sykes July 18 2014 at 4:57 pm #

Thanks for this Andrea. I can never get enough book recommendations for my little one.

• andrea July 20 2014 at 11:47 am #

most welcome!! it’s about time i started sharing — no such thing as too many books!

2. monique July 18 2014 at 5:56 pm #

awesome! i am a 1st grade teacher, mama to one, and I am addicted to children’s books! this is great! :)

• andrea July 20 2014 at 11:46 am #

ah perfect! if you ever have any suggestions, be sure to share!

3. Kara July 18 2014 at 7:25 pm #

I love children’s books suggestions. Thanks!! P.S. our faves are If you give a moose a muffin or mouse a cookie, cordoroy, goodnight moon, how do dinosaurs say goodnight, pout pout fish, where the wild things are, rumble in the jungle, I love my mommy (giles andreae), counting kisses, Big red barn, Eggbert the slightly cracked egg, pancakes for breakfast, Mr Tiger Goes wild, Disney 5 Minute Fairy Tales, Rachard Scarry’s Best Nursery Tales Ever, The Bus for us Gus, Little Blue Truck, Barnyard Dance, and Hooray for Fish

• andrea July 18 2014 at 10:25 pm #

wow, thanks for all of the suggestions!! there are a few in there i haven’t heard of — off to google!

4. Nani July 18 2014 at 9:16 pm #

Awesome! I have been wanting to see you do one of these (for your favorite toys and what they wear but I can be patient) I don’t have any of these yet so yay for new books!

• andrea July 18 2014 at 10:24 pm #

haha, i’m working on it! coming out of the newborn haze all inspired — just need a few extra hours each day!

5. Jen July 18 2014 at 10:21 pm #

I’ll be following! this is my new fav around here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0399255370?pc_redir=1405565323&robot_redir=1

• andrea July 18 2014 at 10:23 pm #

yes!! such a good one. you can be assured that one will show up here one week or another :)

6. Kayls July 19 2014 at 3:42 am #

We love books over here and are in need of a bookcase restack! I think you might like Rosie Revere Engineer and Iggy Peck Architect, two of our favourites!

• andrea July 20 2014 at 11:46 am #

love rosie revere!! we’ll have to pick up iggy peck as well :) thanks kayla!!

7. Amanda July 21 2014 at 8:41 am #

I LOVE this idea! I’m so excited! Can’t wait until the next one!

8. Marta July 21 2014 at 8:45 am #

I am so grateful that you shared these! Thanks thanks ;)

9. Shauna July 21 2014 at 11:50 am #

I’ve been thinking about asking you for some suggestions for toddler boys! So I vote for that theme one week. Thanks so much!
    p.s. our favs right now are Rawr! by Todd H Doodler, and Zoe And Beans: Pants On The Moon! by Chloe Inkpen :)

• andrea July 21 2014 at 11:57 am #

i haven’t heard of either of those books! thank you! adding toddler boys to the schedule :)

10. Amber July 21 2014 at 8:44 pm #

I love this! I hope you don’t mind — I decided to join in and post 5 of my favourites: http://happinessiseva.com/post/92496856603/book-club-volume-1-today-we-have-no-plans-by

11. Jocelyne Hayes July 22 2014 at 3:57 pm #

Oooh – this is so not good for my wallet :) We are addicted to books around here and a few of these are now on the way to our house right now!

I can’t wait for future installments of this fun series.

1. Reading | the lovely ordinary - July 21 2014

[...] books and I love adding to it. Our nightly favourite is Goodnight Moon, but I will be referring to this list compiled by my friend, Andrea over at Pinksugarland to refresh Thea’s lot. She’s cool, [...]