smitten with . instagram

13 Jul

i’m fairly certain most people that follow along here are quite familiar with this little habit of mine, but just in case you aren’t and because i left my big camera in my bag this weekend, here are some of my favourite recent phone photos.

this all feels a bit like a love letter, haha, but there is honestly just so much i love about instagram. i love the challenge of creating art with my phone camera (i’m not always toting my big camera around when my hands are full of three kiddos these days). there’s the fact that i don’t need to spend time sitting at my computer to quickly get a photo edited and uploaded (i use the pictapgo app), and all of the fun indie shops and designers i’ve come across (from kids’ clothes to toys to home decor and on and on), but most of all, it’s the community that keeps me coming back! i’ve connected with some amazing people and opportunities (along with with friends and family near and far) in the year and a half since i joined and am still finding awesome new gems every day.

for those who are interested, you can follow along with [even more of] our adventures over there — my user name is andreahanki — and if you leave your username below, i’d love to check out your feeds as well.

hope to see you there!

(along with all of the love though, i can’t help but mention all of the accounts that keep getting deactivated these days. . . hoping there will be some clarification of guidelines and a resolution soon so that we don’t have to stop posting photos of our kids being kids for fear of losing our whole accounts!)

51 Responses to “smitten with . instagram”

1. Amanda July 14 2014 at 2:09 pm #

Can you believe they still haven’t reinstated Deanna’s account? I love me some Instagram, but that is Messed. Up.

• andrea July 14 2014 at 2:11 pm #

i can’t!! but it looks like there is a new lead that will hopefully work out for her. fingers crossed! (how sad is it that it took me a few hours to decide whether or not to post that first photo of cole in case someone reported me for sharing a photo of my two year old son without a shirt on…)

2. Karen July 14 2014 at 2:20 pm #

Love following your Instagram feed. So inspiring what you can do with just a camera phone. Find myself looking just at your feed just to see if there were any photos I missed! You can follow me at kikifiddle if you like :)

3. Kylie P. July 14 2014 at 2:32 pm #

I love your feed! It’s one that inspires me for sure. My username is @kyliepond. It’s not much but I enjoy it :)

4. Stacy July 14 2014 at 2:36 pm #

I can’t say it any more without feeling like a creepy stalker ;). Your work is so inspiring to me on every level. I have a passion for photography that gives me goosebumps and makes my heart race and I see that same passion in your work. Your iPhone work is just as gorgeous as your ‘real camera’ work :). I’m stacykrager on IG :).

5. Ashley McFarland July 14 2014 at 2:39 pm #

Your Instagram feed is wonderful just like your big camera pics…challenges me to be better! McFarland2213 is my Instagram handle but it’s mostly pics of my 2 year old son :)

6. Tasha Lyons July 14 2014 at 2:40 pm #

I’m actually getting rid of my big canon & fancy lenses because my phone is really all I need

7. christin kreml July 14 2014 at 2:44 pm #

LOVE your IG feed… and have since day 1 when you joined the IG family! Keep em’ coming, please! : )

I’m over at @christinkreml if you want to follow me.

8. Lindsey July 14 2014 at 2:53 pm #

Yours is one of my absolute favorite feeds! And I love how you always get back to me on where Oscar’s baby clothes come from! Here is my little family of 3. http://instagram.com/mrslhd

9. Carolyn July 14 2014 at 2:54 pm #

I’m no where as talented as you are but you can check out my feed @mrskagan

10. Nani July 14 2014 at 3:14 pm #

I seriously love following you instagram the pictures you take with your phone? just as amazing as with your camera. You are seriously talented!

11. Amy July 14 2014 at 3:24 pm #

I adore having you on my ig feed! Your pictures are always so beautiful! :) I’m amyshaped over there if you want to look. :)

12. Emily S July 14 2014 at 4:40 pm #

love.love.love following you. so whimsical yet inspiring – goes to show that it’s not the medium but the person behind it! I often feel unworthy of your nice comments and likes but hey, they make my day ;)

13. Emily Clark Montgomery July 14 2014 at 4:42 pm #

I’m agree 100% with all the above. I too have 3 young kiddos and rarely have time to grab my big cameras. But I’ve loved the challenge to find the best angles, light and composition to make some of my most favorite images of my babies and our life. Love following you on Instagtam and you’re welcome to photograph my family with your phone any day. ;)

My username: _emilymontgomery

14. Lindsay Bunn July 14 2014 at 4:56 pm #

Hi Andrea – your feed is gorgeous. Also, I think I saw you once upon a time at Urban Barn in the West End. I almost came to say hi, but I think you were with your fam. But then, that’s kinda weird. “Hi – I love your blog and your IG feed – huge fan… And here’s your adorable family. Can I come camping with you, your trips look so fun. Blah blah blah”… Not a loonie, scouts honor on that one. Total jokes by the way. :)

I’d love if you checked out my feed. Nothing special. How do you find room on your phone for all your pics? In a new momma, and only two and a half months in, I’m almost out of room. @lilunit

Take care!

15. Sara July 14 2014 at 5:20 pm #

You bet, I’ll follow you! I think I’ve tried to find you before. Love, love, love your work! I’m new to instagram @ sfannini

16. Brittany July 14 2014 at 6:06 pm #

Hi Andrea!

I have been following you on here and instagram for like ever. I cannot get enough of your photos. I have never came across a pic you have posted that I wasn’t in love with! Every single one is AMAZING! And your nuggets are adorable! I wish I was even 1/3 of as talented as you, whether it be with your camera or your phone. :)

My IG username is brittanyldeaton

17. breanne July 14 2014 at 6:48 pm #

i agree! it’s my favorite social media platform! but you’re right, i’m so sad these disabled accounts keep popping up! i’m @bsmoley. xoxo

b

18. Alana Wagar July 14 2014 at 7:09 pm #

I am an Instagram lover as well and I love when your photos pop up in my feed. You are such a talent! My username is @awaga if you’re interested in following :)

19. hili July 14 2014 at 7:39 pm #

these photos are the proof its not the tool but the photographer . you have an inspiring feed .

20. hili July 14 2014 at 7:42 pm #

sometimes it looks like your photos are arranged for albums . are you printing all these in albums ? wish you could write here about what you’re doing with all you kids photos…

21. Sharlene July 14 2014 at 8:19 pm #

I always enjoy your posts on Instagram :) All the recent deactivations have made me a bit bummed out though. It’s the malicious, reporting for no reason that’s got to me more than anything. I’ve definitely been posting less. You can find me @warnjai xx

22. Catherine July 14 2014 at 9:13 pm #

I remember commenting to beg you to join because I couldn’t get enough of you’re beautiful Lila! I’m over at @lilsunpacker with a babe of my own now (and you’ve added two!). I love love your feed. Thanks for sharing!

23. Carling July 14 2014 at 9:58 pm #

I love seeing your pics on Insta! Thanks for sharing them!!

24. Jordan Reasy July 15 2014 at 7:12 am #

I’ve been following your blog for quite a few years now and have always been so inspired by your photos. And I love Instagram too. The quick editing, the almost journaling aspect of it, and definitely the community!

My Instagram username is jordanreasy

25. melodie Schellenberg July 15 2014 at 7:19 am #

I have been following you for a bit now, love your photography!
    My instagram is melkev40

26. Natalie :) July 15 2014 at 7:59 am #

You are such a Superwoman with your trio! You are so talented and your photography inspires & uplifts our hearts across the globe! Instagram is my favorite social media hands down! Best way to mama-document for sure ;) Thanks for sharing your lovely family with us! Natalie :) @happysmiles12

27. Sarah Fontana July 15 2014 at 10:06 am #

Why did it take me so long to check out your instagram stuff??? Glad I fixed THAT! What great shots! Surprising? Not even a little bit. :) My username is sarahabolfathi

28. claudia July 15 2014 at 10:31 am #

Hey !
    I must admit, I don´t even remember if I ever commented something of yours (sorry!!), although i’m a fan of your work and pictures!
    i first discovered lilawashere by random “surfing” online, and i just could not stop revisiting you time and time again! i love your instagram,blogs….little family!
    You make me smile every day…and even sometimes feel bad when I think i don’t have time to do “A” or “B” cause your arts and crafts and all your trips,and…and…. make me realize that IT IS POSSIBLE! and worth it!
    Keep posting…and you’ll keep an admirer all across the ocean

Claudia (from portugal)
    Instagram @claudialuxy

29. Kim July 15 2014 at 10:49 am #

Love,love,love your pictures. My IG is kimistarr.

30. Fran July 15 2014 at 11:10 am #

Your feed and your work are beautiful and amazing! I love it all. I’m at franbal – thanks so much!!!

31. Sue Erneta from Sue at Home July 15 2014 at 11:34 am #

I think you’re my favorite photographer on the planet and I would just about die if you followed me on instagram. @sue_erneta

keep taking pictures of your beautiful family!!!

32. annemarie July 15 2014 at 1:56 pm #

I love your pictures – they’re my favourite! I’m amsawatzky and love me some instagram too.

33. Sherrie July 15 2014 at 2:18 pm #

Been following you from the start! Your photos are always fabulous:)) you can follow my feed of photos of my hooligans and daily adventures at @tika_photo

34. Leslie July 15 2014 at 4:38 pm #

Huge IG fan here. I actually love it b/c of the many purposes it serves and the collection it creates. Sometimes it is art. Sometimes it is light. Sometimes it is a video. Sometimes it is a story. This morning, it was my twin boys – 5 months old – communicating with each other. ig: leslie_densford

35. Sonja July 15 2014 at 6:48 pm #

Long time listener, first time caller! Love your insta shots and since moving back to Edmonton, I have run into you at a bunch of local “mumma” hot spots! Next time I will introduce myself as I think we are both on the same “mama of 3 kids” circuit… (I have 3 boys 4 and under). Love your blog too! Xoxo @sstuffco

36. Jessica July 15 2014 at 6:49 pm #

Your feed is my favorite! Thanks for posting. I love how you see life. And, amen about the drama lately. @beeskneesphoto

37. NicoleM July 15 2014 at 10:38 pm #

I’ve been following you since my wedding :P. Not in a creepy stalker way or anything, I just really love your photography! Not to mention watching your cute little family grow! Currently trying to save some money for my son’s 1 year shoot :)
    @zygmap

38. Claudia July 16 2014 at 5:03 am #

Hey !
    Keep posting…and you’ll keep an admirer all across the ocean

Claudia (from portugal)
    Instagram @claudialuxy

39. Michelle July 16 2014 at 1:16 pm #

I started following your Lila Was Here site back when my son was a baby. Totally inspired me to take more pictures of our everyday lives…so thanks! Instagram is a great way to share those moments, and I love looking back through my feed and my husband’s, since they’re like our digital family album. The easy editing is nice too. ;-)

I’m @michelledupuis on Instagram!

40. Melanie July 18 2014 at 6:00 pm #

Love your insta feed! You have such a gift for finding the light. I’m @melaniemadeleine :)

41. Robyn July 19 2014 at 11:08 am #

I agree that Instagram is a wonderful discovery platform – it has become my favourite as well!
    And, as everyone above commented, your work is beautiful and talented!
    Instagram: @robynmlthompson

42. Kayls July 20 2014 at 6:13 pm #

This post made me finally take the plunge and get Instagram! Definitely addicted :)

My username kaylapackford

43. Brittony July 21 2014 at 12:28 pm #

Your photos are an inspiration! I’m @brittony

44. Jocelyne Hayes July 22 2014 at 3:58 pm #

I love your feed and all the inspiration it provides me. If you ever feel like checking me out I’m justme824

45. Patti July 27 2014 at 6:04 am #

Love love love your IG feed and your iphoneography skills!!! My IG is patti_h

46. Melissa basham August 8 2014 at 2:42 pm #

Hey! I can’t say it enough, but your photography amazes me! Every single one of your photos are just phenomenal! So thanks, for doing what you do and inspiring me to do what I do, better! I’m “melbasham” in IG if you want to follow! Can’t wait to see your photos! :)

47. Pam August 12 2014 at 3:26 am #

I love following your feed on instagram! One of my favorites for sure! If you’d like to check mine out Im @ptedesco

48. Mallory | R.Simple Life August 26 2014 at 1:02 pm #

I’ve been following your work since Cole was born! Huge fan of all your photography – big camera and instagram. Feel free to take a peek at our life as Americans in Germany, if you’d like! @r_simplelife

49. Sarah H October 12 2014 at 9:11 pm #

I’m inspired by your ability to capture such stunning images with just your iphone! Following you for inspiration as I learn to navigate this new to me platform! You’ll see me (@StoryandSongPhoto) stalking you shortly! Also, gonna check out this pictapgo situation. Looks better than VSCO to me! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation this fine Sunday evening!

1. in pictures . running wild and looking pretty | adventures in pinksugarland - February 7 2015

[...] recently won this paperfelt print in an instagram giveaway (told you i loved that place, haha) and was inspired to take lila out on a little wildflower adventure last [...]