smitten with . spud.ca

22 Oct

we woke up this morning to fresh groceries on our door step — that was awesome.

sustainable produce urban delivery (spud) has just launched in edmonton and we were lucky enough to receive a couple of sample boxes of local organic groceries this morning. (thanks spud!!) i may or may not have already placed my order for next week ;)

if you’re located in edmonton, calgary, vancouver, vancouver island, san fransisco or la, you can follow this link to get $40 off your first order of $60 or more.

happy grocery shopping! (from home. in your pyjamas. it’s amazing.)

ps. you’d better believe i ordered more cookies.

7 Responses to “smitten with . spud.ca”

1. Lauren October 23 2014 at 6:21 pm #

I must say, this feels completely like an ad to me. While I typically love what you do. I feel like you’ve sold out on this one. Not to mention, the service organic box is truly local, based out of Edmonton and sourcing as much of their food as they can close to Edmonton, while spud get’s it from where ever is cheapest.

Please don’t sell out again, what you do is awesome. But selling out on your photo blog isn’t so awesome. imho.

Hope the food is good either way and the photo’s as usual are terrific.

• andrea October 23 2014 at 9:50 pm #

hey lauren, thanks for your comment — i appreciate the feedback!

i weigh every opportunity i’m presented with very carefully, and when i was approached about this particular service, i was genuinely super excited. getting to the grocery store with three kids in tow isn’t always easy, and i’m all for anything that makes life a little simpler. (aside from the occasional trip to the farmer’s market, i usually just shop at a grocery chain so seeing some local goodies in my box was a fun little bonus for me.) i was under no obligation to post about my experience here, but knowing that many of my readers are busy moms like myself, i figured sharing my experience and the awesome promo they have going on for all new customers right now definitely couldn’t hurt. in all honesty, i kind of want to shout it from the rooftops :)

anyhow, thanks for being here, and for your honesty. happy thursday!

2. amy s October 25 2014 at 8:05 pm #

thank you for the recommendation and the coupon! i love when you share products you’re “smitten with”. :) i plan to use this site to have a box of treats sent to my family in canada. i love that they’re local and organic products!!

3. Amanda October 26 2014 at 10:08 am #

I love this!! I have a 5 yr old and two 3 year olds so sometimes going to the store sounds like a nightmare. I will definitely be looking for something like this in my area! Thanks for posting!

4. Erin October 26 2014 at 9:40 pm #

I’m very excited for my first SPUD box to arrive this Wednesday and am even more excited to place my first full order and get $40 off! As a busy mother myself, the idea of saving some time with multiple visits to the grocery story is extremely exciting. I couldn’t agree more with your comment about shouting it from the rooftop. Honestly, I question the number of hours I have in each day and how I’m going to fit everything in. I’m hoping this is one of those time saving opportunities that will help getting through the week just a wee bit easier!

5. Meryl October 27 2014 at 12:03 pm #

Man, I wish they had this in Houston! Looks like their apples are particularly delicious. ;)

6. lauren October 30 2014 at 8:04 am #

woah so awesome! so glad you shared about this, i had no idea this even existed and now i’m definitely itching to try it out!! thanks!!